Thursday, August 14, 2014

Project Mama's Total Domination

It has been quite a few years since I blogged regularly. I have always intended to come back to it, but I find myself split so many different ways that I find it hard to find something coherent to say.

The past few years have been a whirlwind. I have been learning to be a mom, which is an ever-changing job. I blogged through infertility and pregnancy and now have a 9 year old son and three year old daughter. I'm now navigating through homework and scouts and potty training and dance.

In the midst of all of the fun that is motherhood, I went back to graduate school to become a Speech Language Pathologist. I left my job that I'd had for almost 17 years at a community college to become a speech therapist at an elementary school...and juggle new job, grad school, parenthood,  being a good spouse, and all the other assorted roles that I may slip in and out of in any given day. 

No wonder my house isn't company clean, right?

I like to say we play hard because we work hard, and we do. But I want more order around here. I want my days to flow easily, and I want to be able to handle life's daily surprises  because I am in control of my environment, rather than my environment controlling me. I want a home that loves on my family. I want it to love on friends as well.

So, for the past year I've been working on a project called Mama's Total Domination, MTD, and slowly but surely I am gaining a foothold. Though I do admit that sometimes I spend more time on Pinterest dreaming of MTD than DOING... But my organization boards on Pinterest are a sight to behold!

My first project back that I want to share with the blogosphere is the chore store, chore payday system that I've designed. I finished all the plans tonight, and Liam begged for a stay until tomorrow to start.

So tomorrow we start. And next week I'll report.

No comments:

Post a Comment